absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 3 Vegan Cream Cheeses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

We all know that feeling, waking up Sunday morning desperately craving a carbs… or in my case a bagel. I know that at my house, Sunday’s meant a big family event. Bagels, Lox, cream cheese… the whole nine yards. When I found out I was allergic to dairy I was devastated and concerned I would no longer  enjoy these Sunday mornings spent with family and friends watching them eat bagel after bagel. I soon began exploring my different options. After trying a multitude of brands and flavors I have narrowed down these as my top three.

Miyoko’s “Un- Lox Your Dreams.”

For fans of putting a little smoked salmon, this vegan cream cheese free of lactose, gluten and soy and is organic. This cream cheese alternative is made using coconut cream, and cashews. I was definitely skeptical about trying this originally, but it is now a staple in my fridge. I find myself putting this spread on anything from bagels to herb crackers it seems to compliment almost anything I’m craving.

Kite Hill Chive.

Once again made with all natural simple ingredients this cream cheese substitute is made of artisan’s almond milk. It has a uniquely smooth texture, much fluffier than the miyokos one…if you’re a fan of whipped cream cheese spreads. I often find that many almond milk alternative can’t quite grasp enough of the milk flavor we all know and love, but with the addition of the chives the difference is barely noticeable.

Daiya.

Well the daiya option is sure convenient for those of you exploring on campus options. Einstein’s now offers this as a vegan options.  This option is free of basically every major allergen, such as nuts, shellfish and eggs. This product has many different flavor options ranging from strawberry to garden vegetable with only 60 calories per serving.

Source: googleimages.com

Madeline Kenney

Wake Forest '20

I am currently a Junior at Wake Forest University majoring in Business and Enterprise Management, with a minor in Psychology. I have a love for traveling, which I why I chose to spend my semester abroad in Vienna, Austria. My other hobbies include Hot Yoga and Pure Barre, and you can always catch me keeping myself up to date with all things skin care at Sephora.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.