This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With a smoke week, snow days, and all the craziness of the past two months, it’s hard to believe we’re already almost halfway through Wake’s spring semester. We’ve reached the point at which we enjoy slightly warmer weather, finally become acclimated to our schedules, and of course, have to take on midterms. While studying for these midterms can cause extreme burnout, I find that moving to a new, exciting location other than your bedroom can be exactly the thing you need to power through work and succeed in midterms. With that in mind, I wanted to share some of my personal favorite study spots on campus.

Here are my top ten recommendations:

1. ZSR Wilson Wing 6th Floor Tables – These eight tables overlook the library’s main atrium, allowing for a super quiet study space that provides a lot of natural light and motivation from the work-focused library setting.
  2. Caminos Study Rooms (203A and 203B) – Available to book through ZSR’s study space website, these two rooms are the perfect spot to work in your own quiet space or meet for a collaborative group project. A bonus is the quick access to coffee, tea, pastries and more!
  3. Farrell Hall Living Room – The main room in Farrell is one of my favorite study spots because there are so many open spaces to work and being around lots of other people who are working hard definitely helps you to concentrate as well.
  4. The Green Room in Reynolda Hall – Directly below the Magnolia Room and above the Pit is the Green Room, a space full of tables, chairs, and couches that is the perfect place to finish up an essay or read a book. It’s a good place to go at night, as it’s frequently pretty empty in the evening.
  5. Starbucks – While I wouldn’t recommend this if you really need to focus on an assignment, Starbucks is a great place if you want to get work done while not feeling like you’re wasting away in the library. The flow of people in and out of the room and the background music make it a great Sunday morning, casual study spot.
  6. Picnic Tables Outside of Farrell Hall – Now that the weather is starting to get a little warmer, studying outside is becoming possible again! The picnic tables outside of Farrell Hall are my favorite outside spot to study for a test on a sunny day.
  7. ZSR Classroom 476 (Wilson Wing 4th Floor) – This classroom is located on the newer side of the library on the 4th floor. While it does have some classes in it during the day, it is usually free for students to use as a study space in the evening, and is the perfect place to go for a more private library study experience or if you need whiteboards.
  8. Benson University Center 4th Floor Tables – If you take the Benson stairs up to the fourth floor and walk towards the library-facing side of the building, you’ll find a more private area with several tables and couches. I often find these tables are a good place to get some quick studying done in between classes or while eating a meal from Benson.
  9. Green Tables Outside of Reynolda Hall (Quad Side) – The green folding tables that face the quad outside of Reynolda Hall are another favorite outside study spot of mine. When the weather is nice out, there’s no better place to study in a way that positively contributes to your mental health than enjoying the view of Wait Chapel and student life on the quad.
  10. Carswell Hall – On the second floor of Carswell past the Counseling Department offices is a large room with several tables and couches, all perfect for studying. This space always stays quiet and is a good spot to go if you really need to lock in on an assignment.
Olivia Ward

Wake Forest '24

Olivia Ward is a sophomore at Wake Forest from Los Altos, California. She is majoring in Communications with a concentration in Media Studies and minoring in Psychology and Journalism. In her free time she loves to travel, watch films, write, bake chocolate chip cookies, play piano, spend quality time with her friends and family, and listen to Taylor Swift.