This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

One of the best parts of Thanksgiving Day is gathering around the TV with family and friends to watch football games, Macy’s parade floats and balloons, and stunning performances that evoke gratitude. In addition to the parade, I intend to watch Thanksgiving Day classic shows such as the following:

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving will always be one of my favorites. It will air on ABC at 8 PM.

The Saturday Night Live Thanksgiving Special will be hosted by Chance the Rapper this year! It will air on NBC at 9 PM.

After all the turkey has been devoured, the next best thing to do is to get into the Christmas spirit. Elf will be airing on Freeform at 6:40 PM.

For those sports fans the following games will air on Thanksgiving as well:

Vikings at  Lions, 12:40 on Fox

Chargers at Cowboys, 4:30 on CBS

Giants at Redskins, 8:30 on NBC

We would love to hear what Thanksgiving Specials you are looking forward to this year! Leave a comment below.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!