Thanksgiving Fashion As Seen On Gossip Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With the recent addition of the sixth season of Gossip Girl to Netflix, there has been more buzz on campus about the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite. With the temperature dropping and time spent watching GG on the rise, it’s only appropriate to look to B and S for some colder weather fashion, especially around the holidays. Check out how you can sport some of the looks featured in the Thanksgiving episodes throughout the show!

Blair on Thanksgiving (Season 3) 

I adore Blair’s Thanksgiving outfit in Season 3 because she works within a great neutral palette and the dress has such a cute shape. A slightly flared skirt is so cute and looks great on everyone. The neutral color combination of her dress works well with her black patterned tights for a look that’s perfect for the end of fall and the beginning of the holiday season. If you want to copy Blair’s style, work with browns, tans, golds, and blacks, and play with textures to add some fun to the outfit. Totally cute for a Thanksgiving party!

Get the look…

Dress: NewLook.com 
Tights: Urban Outfitters 

Serena on Thanksgiving (Season 3)

In the dramatic Thanksgiving episode of Season 3 (Remember Tripp? And Lily’s mysterious summer whereabouts? Not to mention Nate’s profession of love) Serena rocks a pretty dramatic outfit. Her all-black jumpsuit with a lace inset is bold to say the least, and of course she pulls it off effortlessly with a beautiful messy bun. I am all in favor of the jumpsuit if you want to be bold like Serena, but if you want to mimic her look in a more subdued way, look for a black peplum top or a black dress with a lace inset like these (maybe keep it a bit more modest for the folks at home):  

Get the look…

Top: Nasty Gal 
Dress: Mod Cloth

Sage in Season 6 

What would Gossip Girl be without some absurdly fashionable high school girls? In Season 6, Sage keeps her Upper East side style looking bohemian and hip by layering her accessories, such as her necklaces. Laying your necklaces can add a lot to a simple outfit and is a great way to dress up your look for the holidays. You can find necklaces layered already, or just throw on a few of your favorites. Be sure to keep all the layers delicate, so that it doesn’t look too busy.

Get the look…

Necklaces: Forever 21

Serena in Season 6

I love Serena’s dress in Season 6 so much. The patterns are so pretty and flattering for fall. She was obviously ahead of the curve since deep reds and purples are popular colors for the season this year! On its own, or with tights and boots, a dress like this is a great dress to show off at your Thanksgiving festivities.  

Get the look…

Dress: Urban Outfitters 

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.