This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

We are blessed. We are living in the era of Taylor Swift- a lyrical genius, a beyond talented singer, and a feminist icon. However, she has over 200 (yes, over 200) songs out there. And while they are all amazing, 200 songs is an overwhelming amount of music. So, I’m here to bring you some of my favorite Taylor songs. 

Disclaimer: I could not possibly list all my favorites, and I deeply apologize for the beautiful songs I did not list. Here are my top 5 favs!

5) Style

• The 1989 era was, simply put, iconic, and so is this song. “Style” is the song you can scream in your car and dance alone in your room to. It’s an upbeat song that tells a story, a story that is rumored to be about the one and only Harry Styles. This song is fun and really gets at the feelings of being attracted to something you know you maybe shouldn’t be. 

4) Girl at home

• A song from the Vault and fresh off of Taylor’s re-recorded version of her album Red, “Girl at Home” is a song that more girls than we would like to admit can relate to. In this song, Taylor tells off a man who is trying to pursue her despite him having a girlfriend. Taylor not only captures the emotions of the girl being pursued by a man in a relationship, but also the girl at home. As she says, these are the men that make us sad! Oh, “and call a cab and lose my number/ you’re about to lose your girl!” 

3) red

• Love is complicated, messy, beautiful, hard, and, well, Red. This song is amazing at expressing all those emotions. “Red” articulates the highs and lows of love. Through amazing metaphors and similes, Taylor creates a song that is all too relatable and serves as an anthem about the hardships of love and the dreadful feelings associated with the end of a relationship.

2) I forgot that you existed

• This song is truly a girlboss anthem. We all hope to get to the point that Taylor sings about in this song– the point where you are so over your ex that you just do not care. This song is all about celebrating moving on and letting go of the past, even when you were mistreated. Taylor preaches the importance of letting go and being free. In sum: forget they existed, sis. 

1) Mr. perfectly fine

• Coming in at number one: “Mr Perfectly Fine.” This song captures ALL the feels after getting out of a relationship and watching the guy who hurt you move on and be adored by everyone around you. This song is the bitter breakup song that every girl needs when they feel alone and angry at their ex for being, well, perfectly fine. Tay Tay puts all the emotions you feel after being dumped by someone and watching them act like they are so much better than you when they simply are not. As Taylor says, “Well some day maybe you’ll miss me but by then you will be Mr. Too Late.” This song is the perfect anthem to get you through the angry and bitter stage of a breakup, and that is why it’s my #1 pick. 
Anna Wexler

Wake Forest '24

Anna is a senior at Wake Forest and has been involved in Her Campus since she was a freshman. She is excited to be taking on the role as Co EIC/President of HC this year and is looking forward to working with Wake's awesome HC ladies!