Tanglewood Christmas Lights: De-stress During Exams!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Do you love Christmas? Are you looking for an opportunity to break out of the ZSR for an hour or two this week? This holiday season, the town of Tanglewood is celebrating its twenty-second Festival of Lights, and if you answered yes, you have to see it! The show started on November 23rd and goes to January 1st. You can drive through in your car, take a hayride, or even a horse-drawn carriage from 6:00 – 11:00 p.m. nightly. From scenes of snowmen to gumdrops and a Christmas radio station you can tune in to, this lights show is entertaining for all ages. Monday through Thursday it is $10 per car, and $15 on the weekends. In the midst of all the Christmas glamour, there is even a place you can park, purchase concessions, and meet Santa and Mrs. Claus themselves! Fret not, collegiettes, it isn’t too far. Tanglewood is only a few miles down I-40 West, and the lights display is right off of the interstate! Check out these pictures I took when I visited, and be sure to take a study break to go take some of your own!

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.