books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Stylin’ Backpacks for Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Backpacks are a constant in a collegiette’s every day wardrobe. Whether one chooses to carry a tote or an old-fashioned knapsack, a bookbag is a must-have item in college. Forget the movies that show students toting around nothing more than a trendy purse to class. This is reality, and in the reality of “Work” Forest, we have books… lots of books. But this does not mean that we must cast style to the wind for the sake of classe!

Backpacks are in this season and many companies and designers are giving the everyday bag a more polished, fashion worthy look. Check out some of our favorite backpack trends below!

Leather:

No longer must style be compromised for comfort. Leather backpacks are popping up everywhere. From Alexander Wang to Balenciaga these bags lend a more sophisticated air. For a more economical option, check out Mochithings.

Photo from Mochithings.com.

Classic:

For the minimalist at heart, there are a plethora of options. With a variety of colors, and often fun patterns on the inside, many companies are making bags that add a simple touch of flair. Check out Herschel Supply Co for a variety of bags ranging in prices.

Photo from Svpply.com.

Drawstring:

This can be considered a much classier version of the ‘string pack’ you are given for free at basketball games and other sporting events. Found in different fabrics, these bags are a great twist on the traditional backpack. Often with a flap over the top, these bags are cute and sure to please.

Prada on Neimanmarcus.com.

Utilitarian:

For those with more practical style, try a European made backpack. Also in a variety of styles, these bags often come in a number of sizes and can take you from the classroom to hiking the nearest mountain. Fjallraven Kanken Daypack has become popular for their durable Swedish bags at affordable prices.

Fjallraven Kanken Daypack in warm yellow. 

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.