Styled All Day for V-Day: 8 Essential Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Valentine’s Day or V-day, coupled up or not – it’s a holiday and, like every other holiday, you ought to dress in theme with the day! I mean, c’mon, we wear costumes for Halloween, pretty much anything red or green starting the day after Thanksgiving, and something zesty for New Year’s Eve. So why not throw on a little pink and red this V-day?

To completely encompass this romantic holiday, I have created a guide on how include red and pink in every V-Day situation you may find yourself in. Maybe “treat yo self” (Parks and Rec reference anyone?) to something special from Bevello, Francesca’s, Monkee’s or any other local boutique and have fun dressing up (or down) this Friday! 

Fitness Attire

Fortunately, when you’re at the gym, pretty much anything goes…well, any color, that is. The trend seems to be “the brighter, the better!” Layer on all the pink or red you can find and show your V-Day glam at the gym this week. Save the sheer lace for later on in the evening…please. Nike offers a variety of irresistible pink shades, perfect for your holiday look! 

To get the look, click here for the shirt, jacket, and shoes

Out to Lunch

Valentine’s Day is on a Friday this year, which means some of you don’t have class or you may only have a morning class.  Take advantage of this and drag your girlfriends or your man to brunch/lunch at B.O.C., Midtown Café or Silo. Whichever one you choose, you’ll be set in this outfit.

To get the look, click here for the shirt, jeans, boots, and bag

Library Chic 

While some of you may want to celebrate right after classes are over, some of us will be getting a jumpstart on Monday’s homework (guilty).  If you spend a couple of hours in the library or in your favorite study spot haunt, a chunky, striped sweater will fend off chills while a pair of red pants will keep you wide awake and looking festive.

To get the look, click here for the sweater, jeans, boots, and sunglasses

Ahh, nighttime. Whether you’ve got a date lined up with a boyfriend (or boyfriend-to-be), or you’re hanging with the girls, these are outfit options for that GNO, Date Night, and a Night In (with Netflix, anyone?). 

Girls’ Night Out

Let’s start with Girls’ Night Out. You can add some spice to a delicate floral top with sexy leather pants, an intense bib necklace and sleek booties. It’s GNO, you’re dressing for yourself and for your gals, so why not be a bit more daring? 

To get the look, click here for the shirt, pants, booties, and necklace

Date Night

Date Night means you’ve got a man to impress! Pull out a form-fitted dress and play up your assets with hot heels and accessories. Whether you wear light pink, bright red, or burgundy, your man won’t be able to take his eyes off you! 

To get the look, click here for the dress, purse, heels, and necklace

Night In

A night in kind of date, be it with your girlfriends or your special someone, does not mean you can throw on sweats on this special day! It’s still a date. A cozy sweater and skinny jeans are the foundations of publicly appropriate lounge wear. These paired with metallic, cut-out booties and a chunky, gold necklace make it playful and easy. 

To get the look, click here for the sweater, jeans, booties, and necklace

Sweet Dreams 

Now, on to after-hours…need I explain?  Whatever V-day night has in store for you, I can’t imagine not wanting to have pretty little somethings like these in my dresser!

To get the look, click here for the white set, robe, red set, and perfume

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.