Stephen Goddard (’16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Stephen GoddardYear: SophomoreHometown: Richmond, Va.Major: UndeclaredMinor: EntrepreneurshipRelationship Status: SingleFavorite Food: Filet mignonFavorite Sport: LacrosseFavorite Athlete: RG3 (Robert Griffin III)

This week’s Campus Cutie is a super-involved Southern gentleman. Meet Stephen Goddard, a.k.a. “Sexy Steve!” 

HC (Her Campus): So you’re a sophomore here at Wake. What are you involved in on campus?SG (Stephen Goddard): This year I’m involved in RUF, Hydrating Humanitate, SAE, 1834 Campaign and I’m training to be a tour guide. I also used to play club lacrosse at Wake, but I can’t play anymore because I’m still recovering from a neck injury from high school.

HC: Wow, you’re really involved! What kinds of things are you looking forward to this year?SG: I’m looking forward to declaring my major because I have been thinking about it all day, every day. I’m also looking forward to studying abroad next fall.

HC: How would you describe your style?SG: I tend to like Orvis. It’s like a classic, old-school, sporty style.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?SG: First I look for a great personality – personality is a big thing for me. I like someone who is kindhearted. And I can be structured sometimes, so I like a girl to balance me out with being fun, spontaneous and energetic.

HC: Very nice. So do you have a go-to pick-up line?SG: I actually don’t. If I ever go up to somebody I just start talking to them. I just like to have a conversation.

HC: That’s the best way to do it! How should women flirt with you?SG: I like to have a sign so I can know that there is interest. If I’m given a hint I’ll go for it.

HC: Does anything confuse you about women?SG: I actually have to think about this… I don’t understand why girls have to go to the bathroom with each other.  I guess y’all just go get fixed up and gossip. How many girls can y’all fit in a bathroom?

HC: Is that a “y’all” I hear?SG: Oh yea, I’m a big proponent of saying y’all.

HC: A true Southern boy! What would you say is your most attractive quality and why?SG: I would say I’m outgoing and easy to talk to. I love talking to people. I guess you could say I’m a sociable guy.

HC: If you found the perfect girl tomorrow, how would you take her on the perfect date?SG: I would do something simple at first because I’d want to get to know her. Maybe a dinner where I can talk to her and get to know her. And then definitely do something fun afterwards to see what her personality is like.

HC: How do you get ready for a date?SG: I get freshened up, take a shower, put on some deodorant (laughs), plan out the night and get everything set. I like to go into it with some confidence.

HC: Any comments on your nickname, “Sexy Steve?”SG: All I know is that my friend on my freshman hall said it one day and it kind of stuck. My friends say it jokingly and I just think it’s funny. I’ll take it, but I promise I don’t call myself that.

HC: Do you have any pet peeves?SG: I do hate when people eat with their mouth open. Like I hate the noise, especially if it’s quiet around.

HC: Is there anything about you that might surprise us?SG: I’m sociable so people think I’m outgoing; but I also have an introverted side, too. I definitely like to have my own downtime where I can reflect and think about things.

HC: What are three things you can’t live without?SG: Definitely my relationships with family, friends and faith. I think that relationships are the most important thing in life. Number two would be fitness. Fitness is a huge aspect of my life – everything from eating healthy to working out. I have to have it every day. It’s just something I enjoy. And lastly, social life. I love meeting people and talking to people. Talking to people gives me energy and I feel like that’s really important.

HC: Do you have a motto that you live by?SG: You have to embrace every moment you have. Every second of life is valuable. My senior quote in high school was, “Only a life lived for others is a life worth living.” I just try to see the best in everything and everyone.  

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.