Southern Style Tailgating: Sundresses, Bowties, and Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

So what exactly is the Wake Forest tailgating style?  As a freshman, you’ll quickly realize that jeans and a t-shirt just aren’t going to cut it; tailgating has a dress code all its own.  Down south we like to keep things preppy.  Sundresses and cowboy boots are the perfect choice for any girl.  Boys can throw on their favorite bowtie and a pair of croakies for their sunglasses.  And don’t forget!  Just because you’re enjoying the preppy tailgating fun doesn’t mean you can’t show off your support for our Demon Deacons.  Girls can rock a black and gold patterned sundress; boys can sport a WFU patterned Vineyard Vines tie.  Another popular accessory is the sticker; sororities and fraternities alike have created customized stickers to show their support for the Deacs.  So enjoy the sunshine and football while looking fresh, and enjoy these pictures from last week’s game against Presbyterian and this past weekend’s game against Duke.

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.