Soph Strugs: The 13 Best Things of Fall at the Forest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With autumn officially around the corner, the temperature is starting to fall, pumpkin spice lattes are back (and made with real pumpkin now!), and yoga pants and flannels are going to become my go-to outfit. Fall at the Forest is almost here, and as we all know, collegiettes, it is the best time of the year.

1.    Fall slows down here: maybe it’s that southern culture, but the leaves take their sweet time changing from bright green to warm reds and oranges.

2.    Campus literally looks like a painting this time of year – it is so gorgeous.

3.    And everyone becomes a professional nature photographer on Instagram.

4.    Football! NFL. College. You name it, I’m watching it.

5.    It’s about time I have a solid sport to cheer on!

6.    I mean, how else should I spend my Sunday afternoons other than watching my hometown team?

7.    And tailgating! The perfect excuse to look cute while yelling at the top of your lungs, “Go Deacs!”

8.    Prez ball.

9.    I’ve heard bits and pieces of this magical event and this year, I get to experience it!

10.  Hit the Bricks! Arguably my favorite philanthropy event of the fall semester.

11.  Laps on laps on laps.

12.  And could anything be more adorable than Project Pumpkin? I think it’s just as fun for me to get dressed up in a Halloween costume and run around the upper quad as it is for the kids!

13.  Fall at the Forest is the best because that means I’m at my favorite place. At Wake.

*Cover image from freeallpicture.com