Six Enticing Reads for Women’s History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

March is women’s history month! What better way to kick it off than to read books that celebrate successful women. In addition, they are some of my recent top reads.

“Whiskey In A Teacup” by Reese Witherspoon: A celebration/dedication to those who come before us. Witherspoon takes us through her relationship with her mother and grandmother while sprinkling in recipes, home/decor advice, and personal anecdotes.

“This Will Only Hurt A Little” by Busy Phillips: Phillips is having quite the moment in pop culture right now as shown through her new E! Talk Show (check out her Instagram stories and you’ll see what I’m talking about!). Phillips recounts her life thus far and especially touches on the struggles of making it in such a demanding business as well as her #MeToo experience.

“Becoming” by Michelle Obama: This book is a must read based solely on the author and the fact that it sold 1.4 million copies within the first week alone! It is laced with personal stories and surprising tidbits that readers won’t get anywhere else.

“Everything I Know About Love” by Dolly Alderton: This book is written by one of my favorite British journalists and podcasters and is my favorite book/ a must read. For anyone who has loved, lost, or basically struggled with being a young adult. Spoiler Alert ** (not really): through all of her tumultuous relationships in the end Dolly realizes that her true and most withstanding ones were with her best friends who supported her through them all. This was a really powerful message for me

“Sisters First” by Barbara Bush and Jenna Bush Hager: This book recounts the girls’ childhood and what it was like growing up as twins in the eye of the public. A must read for anyone with a sister.

“Bossypants” by Tina Fey: a hilarious, quick read from the queen of comedy herself.

I highly recommend each (or all) of these books as your “must-reads” for the month of March. They will help to brighten and inspire you all month long!

Hi, I'm Madeline Muschalik! This is my fourth year in Her Campus; I wrote for Her Campus at Wake Forest University before transferring to UT in fall 2019. Last year I was the Her Campus Texas Co-President and Campus Correspondent & it was so rewarding. I am excited to explore Austin and learn more about our university through Texas Her Campus. Some of my hobbies include running, reading, yoga, and traveling! I am a Public Relations Major and with a minor in Entrepreneurship and certificate in Creative Writing. Outside of Her Campus I am involved in Texas American Marketing Association, Moody Communication Council, a member of the Kendra Scott WEL Institute Student Council, Texas Kappa Delta, and I am a Transfer Year Interest Group (TRIG) mentor. I love UT & all the amazing opportunities (like Her Campus) that it has to offer!
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.