Reviewing Pink Moon Café, Winston-Salem’s Newest Brunch Spot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Nestled in the charming house at 848 W. Fifth St. is the newest addition to Winston-Salem’s brunch scene: Pink Moon Café, a delightful restaurant that is just as pleasing to the eye as to the stomach. When you first approach the door, you are greeted by a pink carpet and a life-size Barbie box on the front porch, perfect for photos. The eye-catching decor doesn’t end there; the pale pink walls of the cafe are brimming with floral arrangements, antique furniture, and more unique photo backdrops. After posing for pictures and ordering at the counter, you make your way to your seat of choice. Formerly a house, Pink Moon offers a variety of seating across several rooms and an outdoor patio, allowing guests to find their own nook and creating a more intimate atmosphere.

Pink Moon serves an array of specialty savory and sweet crepes, as well as a build-your-own option. Some that caught my eye were the caprese crepe, the dulce de leche crepe, and the apple pie crepe, perfect for fall. The menu also features a range of espresso drinks and a multitude of baked goods. At my recent visit, I ordered a cappuccino and the tiramisu crepe which was beautifully stuffed with ladyfingers, mascarpone cream, espresso, and dusted with cocoa powder. The melding of flavors and complementary textures made for an exciting bite, and I found the portion size to be incredibly generous. The cappuccino arrived in a glass teacup, and I enjoyed every rich, satisfying sip of it. Although I didn’t order any, I was impressed with the diversity of their baked goods, which included multiple flavors of cakes and cheesecakes, French madeleines, Mexican alfajores, and much more. Pink Moon offers dairy-free and gluten-free menu items as well.

In this family-owned business, a sense of community radiates from the staff. Servers were very friendly and worked together seamlessly to ensure efficient and accurate service for customers. The person taking orders warmly gave recommendations to first-timers, as well as accommodated modification requests. These inviting, cozy vibes supplement the already elegant atmosphere, producing a one-of-a-kind dining experience. If you are looking for a delicious brunch spot to catch up with friends– and document it all on Instagram– Pink Moon is certainly the place to be.

Jessica Barry

Wake Forest '27

Hi! I'm Jessica Barry, a freshman at Wake Forest University. I'm from Morrisville, NC and I plan to major in Politics and International Affairs. I enjoy dancing, reading a good book, sipping sweet tea, and listening to classic rock!