Reid Nickle (‘15)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Reid Nickle

Year: Senior

Hometown: South Bend, Ind.

Major/Minor: Major in Politics and International Affairs with Entrepreneurship minor

Relationship Status: Single

Most Played Music: Old school Wiz Khalifa, Third Eye Blind, and Kings of Leon

Favorite Meal: Hot tenders and buffalo chips at Putters

This week’s Campus Cutie is super involved on campus and just about ready to take on the real world.  Meet the ambitious and totally handsome Reid Nickle!

HC (Her Campus): What are you involved with on campus?

RN (Reid Nickle): I’m the Kappa Alpha Order fraternity president.  I’m a President’s Aide for President Hatch.  I’m in student government – last year I was the Chief of Staff.  This year I’m co-chair of the Campus Life Committee.  I’m a member of PREPARE.  Also, I actually came here to run track but I injured my back so now I’m the recruiting assistant for the team.

HC: That’s great that you can still be a part of the team! So you’ve been at Wake for four years. Have you developed any new habits?

RN: Moving from the Midwest to the South was kind of a culture shock.  There are some [southern] mannerisms that we don’t necessarily do [in the Midwest].  When I go back to South Bend and use the word “ma’am,” people are shocked.  You get two reactions: Some people think it’s the best thing ever, and some women are very insulted.  They think you’re trying to call them old.

HC: (Laughs) I think it’s sweet!  Have you made any plans for the real world?

RN: I’m almost for sure going to move to Washington, D.C.  I’ve interned there for the past three summers.  I absolutely love the place.  I have a job offer there, so I’m really, really excited to move back.  I’ve met a lot of people [from D.C.], and a lot of people from my high school are there.  I’m excited to reunite with some old friends and move in for real.

HC: Do you have any plans before getting into the work force?

RN: No.  I’m really, really ready to work.  I love working.  I’m looking forward to it.

HC: Well D.C. is an exciting place to be.

RN: It is.  It’s a blast.  D.C. is a good fit for me because I want to go to a big city, but I think it’s way more my speed than New York City.  I don’t think NYC is quite my speed (laughs).

HC: Very cool!  Are you looking forward to Halloween?

RN: I am!  It’s one of my favorite events of the year.  Actually, [KA is] probably going to have a date function, so I’ll be looking for a date.

HC: Is the date function going to be Halloween themed?

RN: Oh yeah.  I have no idea what I’m wearing yet.  Last year, I was a kissing booth.  My mom actually sent me the costume, which I take is a pretty bad insult that my own mother thought I needed [to be] a kissing booth for Halloween.  She told me she was sending it to me.  I kind of didn’t believe her.  Then it showed up in the mail.  I was like, “Okay.  Thanks, Mom.”

HC: Sounds fantastic.  Do you have a favorite movie?

RN: Probably “Remember the Titans.”

HC: I actually haven’t seen it, but I have seen the movie “Rudy.”  Have you seen that?

RN: Oh, have I seen “Rudy”?  Yeah!  In South Bend, Indiana, [the basketball movie] “Hoosiers” is the Old Testament and “Rudy” is the New Testament.  Everybody [back home] has seen those two movies.  Absolutely everybody.  Whenever my brothers and sisters would bring girlfriends or boyfriends to our house that weren’t from Indiana, [they] had to watch those movies.  It was pretty much mandated.

HC: Do you prefer cats or dogs?

RN: Dogs – duh.  The best cat is a cat that acts like a dog, so why not just get a dog?  They’re loyal.  They’re friendly.  They always got your back.  Cats can be pretty cold.  I want to get a dog after graduation.  Maybe I’ll get a German Shepherd.  It depends on my living situation.

HC: And lastly, what is your fondest memory from these past four years?

RN: I’m a huge Wake football fan.  My freshman year, I was the last person to storm the field after the win against Florida State.  I was literally the last one before the police came up to the wall and started stopping people from jumping over.  I got to take some pictures after the game on the field.  It was really awesome.  

Tori Mason

Wake Forest

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.