Presenting the Newest Member of the Royal Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Article by Stephanie Brendsel. 

When Prince George, the first royal heir to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, was born in the summer of 2013, I remember how ecstatic my sisters and I were. We had been waiting the whole summer for his birth announcement and guessing what we thought his name would be.

It came to my surprise that Americans are more excited about royal birth than British. I went all eight months of Kate’s second pregnancy with Charlotte before reading in a magazine that she was pregnant. My peers living in America were more fascinated with the royal family’s business than I was living nearby to the Buckingham Palace.

However, when it came time for the Kate’s third pregnancy, I wanted to make sure I knew everything about the third royal baby. And here it is:

Prince Louis Arthur Charles was born on April 23, 2018 at the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital. All three of his names come from his great-great-great-uncle Lord Mountbatten and Prince Charles. Prince Louis is fifth line in throne behind grandpa Prince Charles, dad Prince William, brother Prince George, and sister Princess Charlotte.

The royal family waited four days after Prince Louis’s birth because Prince Charles was not in London and had not met Prince Louis yet. Now living at his home at Kensington Palace, Prince Louis is already being referred to as “His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge”.

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.