This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! It is a time to be grateful, but it’s also time for good eating. Before fixing a plate of your favorites, take a minute to really take in the aromas of the kitchen. Whether it is the sweet smell of honeybaked ham or vanilla from the bowl of candied yams. As you take in all the delectable scents, your family and friends will be complimenting you on your aroma if you spritz these on before dinner:

Ralph Lauren Woman Eau de Parfum

A classic floral scent defined by it’s woodsy scent.

Sephora, $84 for a 1.7 oz bottle

Carolina Herrera Gold Incense Eau de Parfum

This parfum is said to be be full of smokey and spicy notes invoking the elegance of the Middle East.

Carolina Herrera, see store for pricing

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

A seductive warm fragrance full of wild orchid and vanilla. It is said to invoke the smell of an exotic garden.

Sephora, $122 for a 1.7 oz bottle

With these perfumes, the pumpkin pie isn’t the only thing that smells like sugar, spice,and everything nice!

Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!