Mountain Weekend Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

As Mountain Weekend is upon us, many collegiettes find themselves scrambling to get everything ready; putting the finishing touches on your cooler, buying food, and packing can be overwhelming. Her Campus is here to help! We’ve organized a packing list to make sure you are cute, cozy, and ready to enjoy your weekend in the mountains!

*Photo from adorepics.com.

Clothing

• Flannel
  • Long sleeve t-shirt
  • Fleece or down vest
  • Sweatshirt or fleece
  • Cozy scarf
  • Jacket (You won’t need a heavy winter jacket, but have something light in case it gets cold at night)
  • Leggings
  • Jeans
  • Sweatpants/t-shirt to sleep in
  • Warm socks
  • Dress (if there is a formal)
  • Sandals or heels (if there is a formal)
  • Duck boots (you will most likely wear these all weekend in case it is muddy outside; save yourself packing space and leave your riding boots at home this weekend)

Food

Go grocery shopping with a friend or two; you can split the cost of some of the groceries that you can only buy in large packages (bagels, Pop Tarts, chicken nuggets) and can plan your meals together. Make sure to write your name on your food, because everyone will buy the same things!

Breakfast: Choose one or two of these items, as they will last you the whole weekend.

• Pop Tarts
  • Cereal (also buy milk)
  • Bagels (also buy cream cheese)
  • English muffins

Lunch/Dinner:

• Pizza bagels (one box)
  • Frozen pizza
  • Frozen chicken nuggets (one box)

You can also make a few sandwiches ahead of time for you and your date in case you guys get sick of frozen food for lunch. This is easier than bringing sandwich ingredients there with you.

*Photo from wordsofwisdomliving.com.

Snacks/Sides:

• Frozen French fries
  • Chips/Cheez-Its/Goldfish/Pretzels
  • Apples (no more than four or five)
  • Oreos (or some other dessert)
  • If you have time and are good at baking, maybe bake a batch of brownies or cookies. They will go fast, but everyone will love you for it!
  • Ketchup

Drinks (definitely split these with a friend):

• Orange juice
  • Package of small Gatorade
  • Package of soda
  • Package of water bottles

Miscellaneous:

• Blanket
  • Pillow
  • Plastic plates, cups, and silverware
  • Shower shoes
  • Towel
  • Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash (in addition to other toiletries)
  • Phone charger

Remember to have fun, take pictures, and stay hydrated!

*Photos via Pinterest

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.