Life > Academics

Motivational Quotes To Help You Start The Year Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

I don’t know about you guys, but this week hit me like a truck. Amidst the excitement of seeing my friends and decorating my room, I almost forgot about classes and homework! So for anyone like me who’s had a tough time adjusting back to in-person classes, here are some motivational quotes to help you get back into the swing of things:

• “While one may encounter many defeats, one must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
  • “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
  • “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
  • “The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
  • “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
  • “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
  • “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
  • “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
  • “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Madi Miller

Wake Forest '23

I am from Raleigh, North Carolina, and I'm currently a junior majoring in Business and Enterprise Management with a concentration in International Business at Wake Forest University. I love photography, reading, road trips, Marvel movies, and volleyball! I hope to put myself out of my comfort zone and push beyond my boundaries in writing and creativity, and I am excited for this opportunity with Her Campus WFU!