This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It’s that time of year again when we all have very few things on our minds: school, the holidays, and the new year. So, in the hopes that one of my all-time favorite activities—going to the movies with friends and family—will still be possible during the pandemic this winter, here are some of the films scheduled for release in 2021!

Chaos Walking: January 22nd

Ah, yes! Hopefully, finally! This film, based on Patrick Ness’s young adult sci-fi novel, The Knife of Never Letting Go, and starring Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley, was filmed back in late 2017. Originally, the film was set to release on March 1, 2019, but has been delayed twice now due to re-shoots and the pandemic. After four years of anticipation and reading the series, I’m excited to see Ness’s world brought to life in January!

The King’s Man: February 12th

Considered to be the prequel to the Kingsman film series starring Taron Egerton, The King’s Man tells the story of how the Kingsman agency was founded. This film was another victim of the coronavirus pandemic—originally scheduled for release in September 2020. Any fans of the first two Kingsman movies or fans of spy comedies in general—I think this film is for you!

No Time to Die: April 2nd

Oh, to be a 007 fan right now! It’s only been five years since Daniel Craig blessed the screen with his Bond interpretation, but sometimes it feels more like 50. The trailer for No Time to Die is amazing with a cast that’s sure to make a statement in the theater with new additions Ana de Armas and Rami Malek. Needless to say, Daniel Craig’s final performance as James Bond is sure to be phenomenal.

A Quiet Place: Part II: April 23rd

The sequel to John Krasinski and Emily Blunt’s A Quiet Place held its world premiere on March 8, 2020, before the commercial release date was pushed back due to the pandemic. Part 2 adds Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou to the cast and I can’t wait to see how the Abbott family fares without Lee and with the new baby in their world of silence and monsters!

Black Widow: May 7th

Scarlett Johansson! Florence Pugh! Natasha Romanoff getting the attention she deserves! Need I say more?

F9: May 28th

So, Dominic Toretto has a little brother now. And he’s played by John Cena. I see it being either really fun, or just really overdone, but who am I to judge? I simply miss the Paul Walker Fast and Furious era!

Top Gun: Maverick: July 2nd

This! This movie! This sequel to most likely one of our parents’ favorite movies will bring everyone to the theaters (assuming it’s safe). It’s a movie everyone’s been looking forward to seeing since 1986, so please, please, let it live up to expectations!

Dune: October 1st

Dune stars Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, Javier Bardem… I could go on. The point is: STAR-studded cast, based on THE most original and influential science fiction novel of all time, and is it appropriate to bring up Timothée again?

The Eternals: November 5th

Marvel! The second MCU movie of 2020 we were screwed out of, The Eternals was originally set for November 6, 2020. Starring Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Salma Hayek, Gemma Chan, Kit Harrington, and Kumail Nanjiani, this film is definitely something new for the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Mission Impossible 7: November 19th

That’s right: seven. After many years of films and Tom Cruise’s reputable acting career, this film is sure to reach a huge fan base! Additions to the cast include Hayley Atwell (a personal favorite actress of mine), Pom Klementieff (look at our Marvel women go!), Shea Whigham, and Esai Morales. A sequel (8th movie) is already planned for November 4, 2022.

Untitled Spider-Man Sequel: December 17, 2021

Finally, and perhaps the one I’m most excited about, Spider-Man! This film will begin right after Far From Home, after the revelation of Spider-Man’s identity and the beginning of Peter and MJ’s relationship. Beyond finding out about Jamie Foxx’s reprisal of the villain Electro and the rumors surrounding the appearance of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Mans, there aren’t many details on the movie, but filming has reportedly already begun in New York City!

Madi Miller

Wake Forest '23

I am from Raleigh, North Carolina, and I'm currently a junior majoring in Business and Enterprise Management with a concentration in International Business at Wake Forest University. I love photography, reading, road trips, Marvel movies, and volleyball! I hope to put myself out of my comfort zone and push beyond my boundaries in writing and creativity, and I am excited for this opportunity with Her Campus WFU!
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.