This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

If you’ve been around campus, you’ve probably picked up on the monogram trend – I’m talking about embroidered initials on everything in sight. Some say it’s a Southern thing, or a preppy must-have, or maybe even a practical tip for college. Regardless of the reason, monogramming is huge here at Wake Forest and we’re here to show you some of the cutest ways we’ve seen it done! So even if you can’t keep your Greek letters straight, here is an alphabet of its own you can totally get. 

Room Décor

If you’re looking to add some personalization to your room, follow roomies Arianna Gershon and Meredith Gay’s (’17) example! Arianna says, “Both of us knew we wanted to make our room unique so we coordinated our monogrammed decorations to make our room look fun!” Each girl’s bedding set has adorable navy monogrammed pillows and they hung a wall display with matching patterns and their monograms. Throw pillows and wall decals are fun ways to monogram your room and really help make it feel like your own. Just add a monogrammed throw blanket and your room is set!

Toiletries 

Katie Hancock (’17)

A great place to put your monogram is on your towels! With your initials embroidered on them there’s no way someone will mistake them for their own. Plus, it adds a little flair to something necessary and ordinary. Katie’s towels are cute and classic in a navy and white color combination.

Katie also has the perfect make up storage box that is functional and features her initials on the top in the good old black and gold!

Accessories

Emma Weir (’17)

When talking about monograms, it’s impossible to ignore all the monogram jewelry we see around campus. My favorites are the acrylic jewelry lines, such as Moon and Lola, which are inspired by the classic lace monogram necklaces. Durable, affordable, and personal, these necklaces are perfect for college girls looking to add a touch of individuality to their collection. Emma’s necklace models just one of the many options – the tortoise color.

If there is one thing you see more at Wake than monograms its Jack Rodgers (well two actually)! I’ve seen these sandals walking all over campus, so how can you make yours stand out? Well you buy these monogrammed Jacks that are a great spin on the classic style and combine two trends into one! Plus, for all you Jack Rogers lovers out there, you’ll be glad to hear that this style of sandal is so easy to break in. Just another reason to love it!

Gotta Have It? Go Get It!

So if you’re already in love with monograms or want to start personalizing everything you own, look no further than our very own Benson Center! The second floor of Benson holds the Copy Center, also home to the WFU Monogram Shop! They have tons of cute options, whether for your toiletries, your room, or your jewelry, plus a great turn-around time. If you’re obsessed with Emma’s necklace or Arianna and Meredith’s pillows, head over to the shop where you can have your very own things monogrammed. Or look through their catalogues to find anything you could need at college, from koozies, laptop stickers, and wall decals (removable stickers—great for your dorm room!), to the softest blankets you’ll ever feel, towels, and towel wraps. If you’re interested, you can email them at bensonmonograms@wfu.edu and ask for an order form or a copy of the catalogue. Or next time you’re in Benson just stop in and check it out for yourself!

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.