This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Meghan Trainor is back and better than ever with the recent release of her new album,
Takin’ It Back. The album, which contains 16 individual tracks, has been quickly climbing the charts since its release on October 21st and is currently the 2nd top album on the American iTunes chart, right behind Taylor Swift’s Midnights.
You may remember several of Trainor’s chart-topping songs from her first album, Title,
released in 2015, including “All About That Bass”, “Lips are Movin”, and “Dear Future Husband”. The popularity of Title jumpstarted Trainor’s career, and she went on to release more hit songs like “NO” and “Me Too” in her second album, Thank You, in 2017. Although she has released several singles and albums in the past few years, Trainor’s more recent music has not reached the same level of popularity and success as her first two albums. Takin’ It Back, however, has generated much attention, with several of her songs reaching millions of streams on Spotify and trending widely on social media platforms like TikTok.
Trainor appeared on NBC’s Today Show on the day of the album release, along with her
husband, Daryl Sabara, and their one-year-old son, Riley. She also performed her hit song
“Made You Look” on The Tonight Show later that week. At these performances and on social
media, Trainor has received overwhelming support from devoted fans and new listeners alike.
Given the popularity of Takin’ It Back, we can expect to continue to see Trainor’s reemerging prominence in the pop music scene with her songs trending on social media and music streaming platforms, increased public appearances, and a potential tour in the near future.

Clara O'Connor

Wake Forest '26

Hi! I'm Clara O'Connor, a sophomore at Wake Forest University! I am from Darien, CT, and plan on majoring in Elementary Education and English. I love singing, spending time outdoors, spin classes, iced coffee, and listening to Taylor Swift!
My name is Madeline Tallarico and I am Editor-in-Chief of the Wake Forest University Chapter. I am from Boston, MA and studying Psychology, Neuroscience, and Writing.