Meet Your Editors: Haleigh, Christina, Jessie, and Kelly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

The articles are all good and fun, but have you ever thought about the behind the scenes work that goes into publishing a Her Campus article? I wouldn’t exactly call it easy, but these girls make it fun. Check out the details on your Her Campus editing staff at Wake Forest!

Haleigh Monyek

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Major: Elementary Education, with minors in English and Psychology

Her Campus Role: Editor in Chief

Her Campus (HC):  What do you enjoy most about your work within Her Campus?

Haleigh Monyek (HM): My favorite part about being Editor-in-Chief is I get to be hands-on with just about everything! I love connecting with my writers by watching their writing abilities grow over the years and also hanging out with them outside of Her Campus. I also enjoy editing and publishing their work because my writers come up with the coolest topics to write about, and I learn a lot from them!

HC:  What makes you most passionate about writing?

HM: The best part about writing is the creativity aspect. That’s also what makes Her Campus a unique publication; writers have the freedom to select their own topics and write how they wish to do so. Every writer has her own voice and style, and I think that is something very special.

HC: What’s your favorite Wake Forest memory?

HM: My favorite memory from Wake was when I was abroad last semester at the Worrell House in London, England. We celebrated Christmas two weeks early. A few of my housemates cooked brunch, and we did a Secret Santa gift exchange. My housemates turned into family, and it was a fun bonding time for all of us.

HC: What are you most looking forward to in the rest of the semester?

HM: So many events happen during the rest of the semester that I’m not sure I can pick just one! Derby Days is a fun philanthropy event, Carolina Cup, or formal!

Christina Thompson

Hometown: Rumson, NJ

Major: Communications and writing with minors in journalism and studio art

Her Campus Role: Senior Editor

Christina Thompson (CT): I love reading all of the fresh and exciting new ideas that the younger girls bring into the punblication with them.

CT: I believe that through writing you have the ability and freedom to explore whatever you want to .

CT: My best memories have come from moments of just sitting in a room of my friends and looking around at everyone and feeling so happy to be there.

HC: What are you most looking forward to this semester?

CT: I can’t way to spend time reconnecting with all the friends on campus I missed while abroad.

Kelly Andrew

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

Major: Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry and minors in Entrepreneurship and Psychology

Her Campus Role: Profiles Editor

Kelly Andrew (KA): Writing and editing in the profiles section has given me an opportunity to get to know so many outstanding members of the Wake Forest community and to share their stories with the rest of our campus.

KA: As a science major, my courses sometimes make me feel out of touch with the abstract thinking part of understanding the world. Writing for me is a great way to explore my surroundings on a level above of molecules and matter and to get to know more of the human side of how people express themselves and relate to each other.

KA: My favorite Wake Forest memories thus far have come from spontaneous adventures with my friends exploring Winston-Salem or taking late night study breaks to explore our campus. Being here has introduced me to so many new and interesting people who have shaped my college experience thus far and who I am lucky to call friends.

KA: I’ve recently been accepted into a couple of programs to study abroad this summer, so I am excited to prepare for that experience and to travel to Europe for 10 weeks to study and explore.

Jessie Luttrell

Hometown: Chappaqua, NY

Psychology Major with minors in Communication and Entrepreneurship

Her Campus Role: Co-senior editor

Her Campus (HC): What do you enjoy most about your work within Her Campus?

Jessie Luttrel (JL): I’ve been a part of it since my first few days at Wake, and I love that I’ve been able to have different roles within Her Campus through the years.

HC: What makes you most passionate about writing?

JL: I enjoy being able to connect and share my thoughts with other members on this campus as well as other campuses.

JL: On the first warm day of last spring, my best friends and I had a Shorty’s picnic on the upper quad that I will never forget.

JL: I am so excited to be back on campus with all my friends after being abroad last semester.

photos courtesy of Haleigh Monyek, Christina Thompson, Kelly Andrew, and Jessie Luttrell

Kelly Andrew

Wake Forest

Just an Arizona girl who loves her birkenstocks 
Betsy Mann

Wake Forest