Meet the President of Her Campus: Jacquelyn Hsiao

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Jacquelyn Hsiao

Hometown: Miami, FL

Academic Year: Sophomore

Major: Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship  

How would most of your friends describe you?

Loud, organized and funny.

How did you get involved with Her Campus and what are your typical duties as president of the club?

I started out working as the treasurer then I slowly transitioned into events directing. It worked out because the events director and treasure work hand-in-hand, so it helped me to budget for events, but also made me aware of how to organize everything in preparation for the event.

This semester, I transitioned into the president’s position, which kind of encompasses everything that I’ve already been doing for the club, but now with a more official title. I oversee everything and as president, I really hope that we can branch out into different departments… like co-sponsoring with other clubs or events. Overall, my goal is to get the [Her Campus] name out there more. I would like to see more people attend our events and participate in the club.

What do you believe is the goal of Her Campus both as a publication and club for students?

Making sure girls have an easy college life. This is why we have all of these life tips and guides. We have so many different sections to update readers on the college scene, fashion trends, and local events.

All photos courtesy of Jacquelyn Hsiao.  

Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board. 
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!