Meet Deacon Golfer and Future LPGA Star: Jennifer Kupcho

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

When you take a look into the success of the Wake Forest Women’s Golf team, it does not take long to come across the name Jennifer Kupcho. Kupcho, a native of Littleton, Colorado, came to Wake Forest on a golf scholarship and looking for success.

Kupcho is currently ranked 74 in the Women’s World Amateur Golf Rankings and is moving up every week. Of her eight starts this year, she has finished in the top 10 four times, an impressive rate for a student balancing golf and Wake Forest academics.

Kupcho states her favorite part about Wake Forest is its strong sense of community around campus. “I also love the professors being open and willing to help you,” she adds.

Kupcho recently was named Colorado Sportswoman of the year and won both the Colorado Women’s Golf Association Player of the Year and the 4A state high school golf championship in 2015. Kupcho and her team are currently fighting for the ACC title this April 15-17th at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Eight Fun Facts about Jennifer Kupcho:

1. Her favorite golf course is Sycamore Hills Country Club in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
  2. Her lowest round is an astonishing 65.
  3. Her favorite place to eat in Winston-Salem is Mellow Mushroom.
  4. Favorite pump up song: “I am not the pump up type; I like Taylor Swift. She helps me get focused.”
  5. Favorite hobbies: “I like to play games, hang out with friends, and play golf with my friends for fun.”
  6. She played basketball in high school and was shooting guard for her team.
  7. She loves One Tree Hill.
  8. She rooted for the Denver Broncos until the cows came home in the Super Bowl.

*Article by Mariana Sims

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus