The Man, The Myth, The Legend: Billy Joel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Have you ever been to a concert where you were so blown away that all you can do is sit there in awe? I recently attended a Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City and it was an unforgettable experience. Joel preformed with such passion and talent, it was not hard to see why he is so popular. He cracked jokes on stage, successfully improvised, and played all of the crowd’s favorites. The 69-year-old music icon brought tears to my eyes with “She’s Always a Woman,” hitting each note with clarity and spirit. What I enjoyed most about this concert was how evident it was that Billy Joel cares so much about his music and his fans. He not only told the audience stories about his songs, he joked with his band members, and explained the significances of his song titles. Listening to Joel belt out the notes to his remarkable hits, transported me to a different time.

Does this sound like something you want to experience for yourself? Well, you’re in luck as Billy Joel will be gracing Winston-Salem with his presence on Saturday, October 13th. Ranked as one of one of the most popular musicians, having sold over 150 million records, his concert is not one you want to miss.

Link to tickets: http://www.ljvm.com/event/billy-joel/

Lydia Schapiro

Wake Forest '21

Hi! My name is Lydia Schapiro and I am a Senior at Wake Forest University majoring in Psychology and minoring in Spanish. I am from NYC and enjoy running, yoga, writing, and water sports. I like to write about fitness, movies & books, and mental health. My guilty pleasure is binge watching Sex and the City. My favorite artists are Cage the Elephant, Billy Joel, The Beatles, John Mayer, and Paul Simon.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.