If You Haven’t Seen These Movies …You NEED To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Little Women 

This adaptation, brought to life again by Greta Gerwig directing and the amazing acting from Saoirse Ronan, Timothee Chalamet and Emma Watson.  This movie is a must see not just because of the impeccable story it tells of a family of sisters, but the message it presents to every woman. The main character, Jo strives to let the world know of women’s abilities, “Women, they have minds, and they have souls, as well as just hearts. And they’ve got ambition, and they’ve got talent, as well as beauty, and I’m so sick of people saying that love is just all a woman is fit for. I’m so sick of it!” The entire piece will put a smile on your face as well as a fit of sobbing.  This movie is something that everyone should see. 

Knives Out 

A hilarious and thrilling tale of a complicated family and a mysterious death.  The movie takes you on a winding journey of thinking you know everything to realize that you actually know nothing at all.  The characters are intriguing and eccentric and allow for a humours cast of personalities. The movie has a nostalgic feeling of Agatha Christie novels and old school whodunit cases. 

1. 1917 

This movie was absolutely incredible.  It is a movie that I haven’t stopped thinking about since I saw it.  World War 1 is kind of ignored in the history books so I really enjoyed a movie set during this time period that I didn’t know that much about.  The movie captures you the moment it starts, and it doesn’t let you get off the edge of your seat until the end. With incredible acting and a lot of familiar British faces, the movie was one of the best I’ve seen.  This is a movie that I could watch again and again and still be blown away by certain scenes. The strength that it portrays is astonishing and it puts life into perspective. 

I think that these three movies will be talked about for a while in the way that they were able to not only be entertaining but capture the hearts and minds of the viewers in such unique ways. 

Jennifer Rokus

Wake Forest '21

Senior at Wake Forest University. LA girl living in the south. Netflix enthusiast. Avid reader. Lover of boots and pumpkin spice.
Claire Fletcher

Wake Forest '20

Mathematical Business Major at Wake Forest University