It’s almost Thanksgiving, which means it’s time to reunite with family and friends at home! And
what better way is there to celebrate a reunion with hometown friends than with a Friendsgiving
celebration? Here are some tips for hosting the perfect Friendsgiving!
- Invitations – Instead of sending out a group text, mail out invitations to your friends to
make the event feel more formal and special! Use festive Thanksgiving-themed
cardstock, and make sure to include the date, time, address, and attire for your
- Decor – Deck out your house with fall and Thanksgiving decorations like pumpkins,
garlands, and leaves. Make sure to look on Pinterest for inspiration on table layouts and
other party decor.
- Food – This one is pretty obvious, because what would a Friendsgiving celebration be
without lots of food? Have your friends bring their favorite appetizer, entree, or dessert
for a potluck-style feast. You can stick to traditional Thanksgiving food, or get creative
with more unique and non-traditional dishes.
- Music – A good playlist is a must-have for any party! Make a shared Spotify playlist
before your Friendsgiving, and have your friends add their favorite songs to it. Make sure
to include some popular hits for karaoke and dancing!
- Games – Games are perfect for entertainment after dinner! Play a party game like For
the Girls or What Do You Meme for a good laugh, or enjoy a classic board game like
Monopoly or Clue.
- Photos – You’ll definitely want to take photos with your friends to remember your
Friendsgiving celebration. Set up background decorations or photo booth props to make
your pictures even more festive!
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to host a fantastic Friendsgiving that your friends will