The Lalaplaid Shirt Jeans
The Lalaplaid Shirt Jeans
Her Campus Media
Style

How to Look Spectacularly Pulled Together Without Even Trying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

As exam season is coming into full fruition, I find myself struggling more every morning to put together an outfit that looks cute and casual. Because of this, I have found little ways to jazz up an outfit that never fails to make people comment on how “put together” I look. So here are some flawless tips to help you out!

1. Start with the basics! When I don’t know what to wear, I start with something basic and simple. For example, a pair of jeans and a plain tee-shirt is my go-to. I always recommend wearing tight pants and a looser shirt or looser pants and a tight shirt. This is a great base.

2. Accessorize! I always rely on accessories to help me tie together an outfit. My personal go-to is a fun pair of earrings and some bracelets. Some other options are a necklace, a belt, or a headband. Try not to go overboard, but a little something here and there can really make an outfit look exciting and new. 

3. Jacket and Shoes! One of my absolute favorite tricks to making an outfit look pulled together is throwing on a pair of booties. Booties can really be magical in that a one-inch heel can make you feel like you’ve really put in effort. For jackets, I tend to go with a leather jacket (because they automatically make you look like a badass), or a denim jacket. These finishing touches really make all the difference.

I always feel more productive when I look and feel confident. Deciding to make some of these small choices really helps me feel like I can accomplish anything during the day. Hope this helps and happy dressing!

Sloane Larsen

Wake Forest '23

My name is Sloane Larsen and I'm a freshman here at Wake Forest! I am super excited to be a writer for HerCampus and I plan on majoring in English with a double minor in stats and French. I'm from Providence, Rhode Island and I love fashion and traveling. I can't wait to learn more from my experience with this program!
Claire Fletcher

Wake Forest '20

Mathematical Business Major at Wake Forest University