How to Feel Polished…Even When You’re Not

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Grades to make, friends to see, places to go, and people to please. The list goes on and on of what engulfs most collegiettes’ busy schedules. On top of it all — Wake is blessed (and cursed) with a reputation of a high population of flawless gals flouncing around campus.  

Am I the only one wondering how the ‘It-girls’ of Wake do it all?

My solution? Nails. From trendy statement nails to classic French manicures, having well-manicured, polished nails can help a girl feel like her life is a little more put together…even when it’s not.

A cheap and quick way to stay with trends:

The stereotype of a ‘broke college student’ is painfully real. Therefore, obtaining this season’s top pieces from your favorite boutique might be unlikely. But running to Target and purchasing one of Essie’s polishes from the Fall 2014 collection (‘Dress to Kilt’ is my favorite) is an easy way to update.

Time:

Prioritizing time in college is a struggle for many collegiettes, but fitting in a few minutes to paint nails is manageable and can be a relaxing study break.  In order to speed up the drying process and get to more important things done, try Julep’s Freedom Polymer Top Coat. Even though the price is a bit steep for a top coat, it actually lives up to its advertising.

A pick-me-up:

Feeling down and need to escape the bubble of Wake Forest?  Taking a quick drive and ‘spoiling’ yourself can relieve some built up stress from the tiring week.  Plus, manis and pedis usually take under an hour. So when you need to treat yourself, head to the salon and enjoy some YOU time!

Hi, I'm Emily! I'm from a small town in Kansas, and am currently a freshman at the wonderful Wake Forest University.
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.