How to Fashion Friday: How to Wear Fur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Welcome back, collegiettes! I hope everyone has enjoyed the snow delays as much as I have! Sleeping late and making hot chocolate with your roomie to keep out of the cold is fun, but eventually we have to leave the comfort of our cozy rooms and enter the freezing cold. Many of us aren’t used to snow, so knowing how to dress for it can be tough. One of the best ways to stay warm and still look fashionable is by adding touches of fur to your outfit!

Vests

Fur vests are one of the easiest ways to dress up a simple outfit with some glamorous flair. Even if you’re just wearing a plain long sleeved shirt, jeans, and boots, adding a fur vest instantly makes your outfit a showstopper. An added bonus is fur actually keeps you really warm (even faux!) So throw a fur vest over a dress or on top of a sweater or shirt, and you’re ready for class or a night on the town! This Surell vest is a great color and the hood will definitely be useful in this weather. It’s also faux fur, so don’t worry about PETA!

Welly Socks

In the snow, sometimes practicality trumps fashion for footwear. Duck boots or rain boots are your best bet in this weather. One of the most popular styles of rain boots is tall Hunter rain boots. Hunters come in virtually every color, so you can add a fun pop of color to a wintery day. Not only does Hunter make boots, but they also make Welly socks to keep your feet warm and add a little extra umph to your outfit! One of my favorites is the fur pair; they keep you warm and the little bit of fur coming out of your boot is adorable!

Headband

Over the last few seasons, headbands have replaced winter hats as a fashionistas’ winter headwear staple. Not only are these head wraps cuter than a typical hat, they also help you avoid hat hair! This fur one from Bluefly is fashionable and the perfect addition to any outfit. Throw it on with a peacoat and scarf, and your outerwear will definitely look great on long walks across campus!

However you choose to wear your fur, may it be vest, socks or headwear, make sure to not only stay warm, but to stay fashionable! 

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.