This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Along with an exponential increase in boredom, quarantine has also made my Spotify use go through the roof. As I find myself listening to music at all hours of the day, playlists grow old quickly, and I’m constantly looking for new additions. No matter what genres or artists you’re into, there have been an abundance of new albums and songs from all over the music world. 

My favorite new album at the moment is Sam Hunt’s Southside, a perfect escape from social distancing to remind you of the days of concerts, parties and warm sunny days. For those getting nostalgic during your copious amounts of free time, I suggest listening to Five Seconds of Summer’s new album Calm. It’ll take you right back to middle school, when those Australian boys were topping the charts right beside One Direction. 

In terms of pop and hip hop music, Dua Lipa’s album Future Nostalgia and Drake’s new song “Toosie Slide” put me in a dancing mood and brighten up my time spent at home. Troye Sivan’s “Take Yourself Home” is a little slower, but it still fits into this category along with Da Baby’s “Find My Way”. Thomas Rhett’s “Be a Light” will lift your mood in an instant. Additionally, the proceeds of the song benefit those affected by COVID-19, so listening to it is not only enjoyable, but also charitable.

No matter your mood, artists from every genre have your back with their new singles and albums, so the soundtrack to your social distancing can be refreshed in no time.

Erin Byrd

Wake Forest '23

Erin is a sophomore from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who hopes to major in Finance and minor in Psychology.
Claire Fletcher

Wake Forest '20

Mathematical Business Major at Wake Forest University