Her Campus Wake Forest Takes On The Flu…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Seeing as half of our Her Campus staff has come down with the flu or some other illness, I thought I would focus this week’s photoblog on how NOT to get sick! Coming back to school brings all sorts of new germs, but fear not! There are ways to avoid getting sick! Follow these simple steps to avoid getting sick and stay healthy during these important first few weeks of class (and partying!)  You learned it in 1st grade, and you’re learning it again:

• Rule #1: WASH YOUR HANDS!
  • Going with keeping clean, Rule #2: WASH YOUR PILLOW CASES AND SHEETS.  This is the best way to keep from reinfecting yourself one you are sick, and staying healthy before you even get sick!
  • Rule #3: TAKE YOUR VITAMINS AND MEDICINE! Keep your body strong by taking daily vitamins (I love the Flinestone variety) and once you are sick, make sure you take the proper meds.  
  • And finally, probably the easiest way to keep yourself healthy during these first few weeks back at school, RULE #4: DONT DRINK THE PUNCH!! These punch coolers are full of germs and the easiest way to spread those nasty viruses.  Steer clear of ice luges, funnels, and anything where lots of people’s mouths are touching.  Follow these simple rules and hopefully you will do better than me and STAY HEALTHY! Here’s to a healthy recovery to all of our Her Campus contributors and readers!
Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.