Haute and Healthy: Killer Abs in 7 Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Want to keep those summer abs in check? In light of those pumpkin spice lattes and Halloween candy, we figured you might. Try adding these exercises to your workout routine to keep those abs in check:

V-ups:

How to: Start by laying down on a flat surface. Lift your legs up, and reach up to touch your toes, then let your torso fall back down to the floor. Bring your legs back up into the air, touching your toes again

Russian Twists:

How to: Sit on the floor, leaning your torso back at a 45-degree angle. Pick your feet up off the floor and twist from side to side.

FIT TIP: Work your abs even more by holding a medicine ball or a lightweight dumbbell.

Bicycle Crunches:

How to:  Lay flat on the floor and draw you right knee back up. As you draw up your right knee, move your left elbow toward your right knee as you straighten your left leg. Repeat with the other side.

Flutter Kicks

How to: Lay face up on the floor, with your toes pointed and your hands underneath your hips. Lift your legs about six inches off the floor and quickly kick your legs up and down.

FIT TIP: The exercise can be made more challenging by keeping your feet closer to the floor, or by lifting your hands above your head!

Okay, now that you know what to do, let’s try it out:

7 Minute Ab Routine

1.      10 V-ups

2.      20 Russian twists

3.      30 bicycle crunches

4.      40 flutter kicks

5.      30 seconds rest

6.      40 flutter kicks

7.      30 bicycle crunches

8.      20 Russian twists

9.      10 V-ups

Happy Exercising!

*Article by Caroline Friezo

*Cover image from fitnessandfitness.tumblr.com

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus