photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

A Happy (Meatless) Thanksgiving!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

For all the vegetarians out there, Thanksgiving can be a bit of an awkward time, considering the entire feast is centered around a, um…turkey. However, with some creative planning, it is possible to have a vegetarian Thanksgiving feast that is still, nonetheless, delicious. While the seasoned vegetables, mashed potatoes, corn bread, and candied yams don’t have to go anywhere, substituting turkey and all other meats for tofu-based products will ensure a cruelty-free meal. A great option is replacing the star turkey with Trader Joe’s Turkey-Less Stuffed Roast with Gravy wrapped in pie crust, as featured above, to make a tasty meatless pie (and yes, that doughy soft pie crust does make all the difference!).  

Also featured above is Trader Joe’s Beef-less Ground Beef, used to make delectable appetizer cups. While meat-lovers everywhere will argue that meat always tastes better, why not give these tofu substitutes a chance? Hey, you may find you love them just as much as the real thing, and you will be saving a life! 

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus