This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Why you should be eating these 5 breakfast/brunch foods

Avocado Toast. 

Avocados are a great source of potassium, dietary and fats. Avocados are one of the most nutrient dense foods and offer a substantial amount of healthy mono saturated fat.

Instructions: Mash up an avocado into a bowl. Add 1/8 teaspoon Cumin, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Add half of a lime’s juice. Mix. Toast a slice of gluten free bread and spread the avocado!

Chicken Apple Sausage.

Great source of protein and an even better way to incorporate a little bit of fall inspired flavors into your cooking!

Instructions: Dice sausage and heat in skillet.

Organic Bacon.

Bacon just fuels the soul…

Instructions: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place bacon on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cage Free Eggs.

Eggs are a great source of high-quality protein. Eggs are great sources of vitamin D, B6, B12, iron, and zinc.

Instructions: Cook em’ any way you want em’!

Sauteed Vegetables.

Sauteed vegetables are a great way to bring in seasonal flavors and change up what’s on your plate! Eating a diet rich in vegetables reduces risk for stroke, cancer, heart disease and type-2 diabetes. They also improve skin texture and quality! And let’s be honest, we could all enjoy eating more vegetables!

Instructions: Sauteed vegetables in extra virgin olive oil and cook until crispy!

My name is Katharine Kaufman and I am from the beautiful Boulder, Colorado! I am a 2022 Demon Deacon and I plan on majoring and pursuing a career in Finance. I love cooking, reading, running, practicing yoga and am interested in nutrition and its ability to promote the healthiest, happiest you.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.