This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

I have been a die-hard Bachelor Nation fan since I was in the fifth grade. Every Monday
night, I would sit in front of the television with my mom, eating popcorn and yelling at the
screen as if I was watching Sunday night football. On the “After the Final Rose” episode of
Gabby and Rachel’s season, it was announced that Zach Shallcross will be the next Bachelor (his season will be airing on January 23rd). I was immediately excited as he had been one of my mom and I’s favorite men on the previous season!
Zach was dating Rachel on her season and made it all of the way to the fantasy suite
dates. Unfortunately, he felt that Rachel and his connection was not the same after their night without cameras and decided to leave the show in hopes of finding true love elsewhere. Now, he has the opportunity to date 30 women and find his true love forever.
Zach is 26 years old and originally from Anaheim Hills, California. He became a
technology executive for the company Oracle after graduating from California Polytechnic State
University, where he played football and received a degree in business administration. (Today,
2022).

Zach is a well-rounded man because not only is he into sports, but he is also interested in
music. According to People Magazine, Zach went by the name of “Verzacky” when he was
working as a music producer and uploaded his music to Soundcloud (People, 2022).
Zach, as seen on the last season of the Bachelorette, is looking for a long-lasting love
with someone who he can also consider a best friend. He is a kind and humble man, and he
thinks age is just a number when it comes to love. I am excited to watch yet another dramatic and fun season of the Bachelor, and I think that Zach is the perfect person to go on this journey for
love.

References:

Caruso, Skyler. “Everything to Know about the New Bachelor Zach Shallcross.”
Peoplemag, PEOPLE, 21 Sept. 2022, https://people.com/tv/zach-shallcross-facts/.

TodayShow. “Who Is Zach Shallcross? What to Know about the New Bachelor.”
TODAY.com, TODAY, 21 Sept. 2022, https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/zach-
shallcross-bachelor-facts-rcna48721.

Amanda Schlesinger

Wake Forest '25

Writer and Social Media Developer for Wake Forest University Her Campus
My name is Madeline Tallarico and I am Editor-in-Chief of the Wake Forest University Chapter. I am from Boston, MA and studying Psychology, Neuroscience, and Writing.