Get the Scoop From President’s Aide George Baolin (’20)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

When thinking of the President’s Aide program, it is hard capture the essence of what the program actually is. This week, we sat down with George Baolin, a senior President’s Aide at Wake Forest University. When asked how he heard about the amazing opportunity to be an aide, George said, “Several of the previous President’s Aides are my friends. They told me about this opportunity when I was just a sophomore.” Since you have to be an upperclassmen to apply for the program, most people begin to think about the application during their sophomore year.

We asked George what the process of becoming an aide was like, he responded, “I prepared a lot for the interview. I actually did not feel nervous during the interview. We had five applicants in one group to answer several questions from the staff of the President’s Office.” Talk about confidence! 

As far as his experience as an aide, George said his favorite memories all come from talking with different people on campus and getting to know them better. He also loves that President Hatch likes to talk to the students and hear their thoughts. 

When he is not helping with the activities for the Office of the President as an aide, George is busy with Badminton Club and Concert Choir. He is most looking forward to his senior recital in April of next year.

If you are interested in being an aide, George says, “The experience of being a President’s Aide demands more from students than merely intellect and motivation. It also requires courage, open-mindedness and independence as a thinker and a person. I could also learn many things through different activities and people in Wake Forest.”

Photos courtesy of: George Baolin

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!