photo of Charlotte Danos for profile written about them
Original photo by Ellie Gustafson
Culture > News

Freshman Spotlight: Charlotte Danos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Charlotte Danos is a freshman at Wake Forest from Denver, Colorado. She is very excited to be here at Wake Forest and plans on majoring in business. She is running for Freshman Senate in Luter Residence Hall this fall and is going to share more about what that means.

Her Campus: Charlotte, a lot of people don’t know, could you please tell us in general terms what the Freshman Senate election is and what it means for freshmen? 

Charlotte Danos: So basically, as freshmen, we can run for “Hall Senators” for each dorm. And so, the Senate, in general, is a way for the students to communicate the needs of others in their hall and what the idea of the whole of the hall means to the administration. In this way, the freshman senator is really the connection between the students and the faculty in a sense.

HC: How many senators are there for each hall?

CD: Most dorms have two slots each, but some dorms only have one slot, depending on the size. There’s four of us running, currently, for two senate slots in Luter. Each of us had to get 20 student signatures to be on the ballot and to run for student government as a whole. So, there will end up being two senators in our hall that will serve as that “connector” to the administration.

HC: What is your platform, essentially, for this race and what are you going to do for Luter if you are elected?

CD: My platform is definitely on inclusivity: I just want to hear out what other people have to say. I want to be able, with everything going on, to have fun, COVID-friendly activities, or plan little things around the hall so that people are able to meet others. I want to make Luter a place where people always have a friendly face. I also want to be able to listen to everyone’s concerns and be someone that can communicate what the whole freshmen community needs.

HC: How do people vote and when is the election?

CD: The election is starting at Noon on the 22nd of September to the 23rd, so this upcoming Tuesday and Wednesday (interview conducted prior). A link will be sent out to all freshmen in a mass email. There’s also gonna be stations set up in the dorms, or you can vote on your phones through WIN. Super simple, everyone should check their emails and vote!

Ellie Gustafson

Wake Forest '24

Ellie Gustafson is a Freshman at Wake Forest University from Basking Ridge, New Jersey and plans to major in Finance with a minor in Political Science. She enjoys hanging out with friends, Netflix, food, pop culture, and politics. She plays golf and the guitar in her free time, and can actually solve a Rubik's cube!
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.