Freshman Problems: 6 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With warm weather, outdoor events, and Spring Break on the horizon, it’s never too early to take the time to organize your life before the long, sunny days arrive. 

1. Put your winter sweaters away in storage to make room for your lighter clothes. 

Say goodbye to those heavy, woolen coats and sweaters and make room for sandals and sun dresses. 

2. Invest in a personal calendar or agenda, if you haven’t already. 

I carry my agenda book around with me everywhere. It saves me from forgetting to turn in certain assignments or study for a test. Also, there’s no better feeling than crossing off a task in your agenda. 

3. Consider buying new under-the-bed or closet storage containers.

After recently joining a sorority, my closet is now overflowing with jerseys and event t-shirts. Bed Bath & Beyond has a great selection of cheap and cute storage units to help keep your space clean. 

4. Change your sheets. 

This is something you should be doing regularly, but if you haven’t gotten into the habit of changing them, it’s a great way to make sure your room is together and tidy. 

5. Invest in a small handheld vacuum. 

You’d be amazed by what manages to accumulate under desks and beds. 

6. Switch up your routine.

It’s that time in the semester where the lull of school hits; close enough to spring break to dig up last summer’s bikinis, but not close enough to the end of the year to get excited for summer. These past several weeks of straight classes with minimal breaks has made my weekly schedule feel somewhat monotonous. I made a simple switch to work out in the mornings rather than the evenings in order to change up my days.  

Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board. 
Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus