Frat Party Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Every weekend we face the challenge of getting dressed for frat parties. The basement floors are notoriously covered in a thick layer of sludge that no collegiette wants to sacrifice her cutest shoes for.  Add a hot basement and the risk of getting a drink spilled on you and it’s hard to find the right outfit to enter a frat house in. Take a look at these stylish collegiettes and how they find cute (and easily washable!) outfits for frat parties in the forest!

Focus on Your Shirt, Not Your Shoes

We all know that the last thing anyone is looking at is your shoes. So don’t subject your best shoes for a frat party! Take a look at these Bostwick girls and their cute outfits paired with flip-flops.  These girls are all wearing dresses or shorts with a fun top that draws the focus away from their shoes and makes you admire their actual clothes. Wearing a tank dress or sleeveless shirt is an easy way to stay cool in those overheated basements. And speaking of shoes…

Sorority Shoes

How lucky are all of the sorority collegiettes at Wake?!  We have all seen the sorority Converse All-Star sneakers (or as they love to call them, their “Chucks”) in frat basements.  Each sorority has a different color shoe and laces for all of its members to wear out to parties and other sorority events.  As a freshman, I wish I had a pair of shoes that I didn’t mind messing up every weekend and can also wear all year (anyone else freaking out about what shoes to wear in the fall to parties?)!  Not only are these sneakers functional but they are also another cute way to show pride for your sorority!  How adorable are these Tri Delta blue sneakers with yellow laces? I know I want a pair!

Theme Parties

Every weekend there seems to be a different theme party.  90’s, Jersey Shore, Tupac-olypse, paint; you name it and a fraternity has done it.  Don’t be afraid to dress up for the theme – it makes a party more fun when everyone does it!  Look at these South residents dressed up for a 90’s party, and Charlotte Sullivan, Cathy Maier, and Megan Dougherty (’17) in their Jersey Shore ready get ups.

Whether it is a regular night or a theme party, it’s always easy to stay cute and comfortable.  There are many different options for stylish going out clothes – wear a cute tank or a lightweight shirt with jeans now that it’s getting colder outside. Or a dress and some shoes that you don’t mind messing up!  Add a statement necklace or earrings to accessorize – but nothing that you would be sad if you lost! If you are in a sorority throw on your Chucks and you’re armed and ready to fashionably survive any Wake Forest frat party!

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.