Forest Fads: Finding the Perfect Gift in Crunch Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Christmas is just around the corner and while presents may not be the most important part of the season, it’s always nice to give your loved ones a little something to show them how much you appreciate them! With finals approaching though, you may find yourself scrambling for time to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. Fear not, collegiettes! With the help of these apps and websites, finding something for everyone can be quick, easy and even fun!

If you are looking for something specific…

1. Wanelo

If you already have an idea of what to get but have no idea where to get it, Wanelo is the app for you! You can access if from your computer or download the iPhone app. Basically, when using Wanelo, all you do is search exactly what you are looking for and multiple pictures of it will show up and will provide you with a bunch of different websites and prices to buy it at! If you have no idea what to get, you can still check out “whats trending” on Wanelo to get some ideas (and maybe even find a few items for yourself!) The cool thing about Wanelo is that you can make a wish list on it and if you follow your friends/family, you can see their wish lists too, which makes shopping for them much easier!

If you want to be creative…

2. Pinterest and Tumblr

If you have an idea of what the person you are shopping for would like, searching hashtags on pinterest and tumblr is bound to bring you tons of ideas. These sites are especially helpful for DIY gifts such as crafts or baking. There are tons of recipes, decorating, and unique gifts you can find to make the most original holiday gift ever. Both Pinterest and tumblr can be accessed on your phone and computer. Also, a perk to both of these sites is that if the person you are shopping for has a Pinterest or tumblr, you can look at their boards or blogs to get a definite idea of what they like!

If you have no idea where to start…

3. Wantful.com and Gifts.com

These two websites are perfect if you have no idea what to get a person, but are familiar with their personality. These two websites have you answer a few questions concerning who will receive the gift. The results will offer you gift ideas based on your answers! Gifts.com will provide you with more cost friendly, ubiquitous gift ideas. If you’re looking for something unique and are not afraid to splurge, Wantful.com is the way to go!

Ashley Dassa

Wake Forest

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.