Five Things to Do Over Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Go out to brunch with your family. There is nothing better than sleeping in and going out to a delicious breakfast with the people you love! Try leaving your phone at home so that you are not distracted by social media or other people who are not there. Be present! You would be surprised how much more meaningful these experiences can be when you are not on your phone.

Go on a hike! Get out into nature and see (probably for the last time of the season) the beautiful trees changing colors! Grab your family and friends (and dogs) and head out for a few hours to reconnect and ground yourself.

Bake a homemade pie with friends from home. We all know the best thing about Thanksgiving is the pie and what better way to get the festivities going than to bake a delicious pie with the people you love! Here are a few recipes!

Go hard on Black Friday and even harder on cyber Monday. Make a list of things you might need in advance! Take advantage of the sales and deals and snag some great pieces! Sign up for UNiDAYS with your Wake Forest email to receive some awesome promotions and student discounts (they’re insane on cyber Monday!)

Do a big Self Care Sunday before heading back to school. Get a manicure and pedicure, draw a bath (with a bomb, of course), do a face and hair mask, exfoliate and moisturize, put on your favorite Pjs and fuzzy socks, make your favorite tea, and snuggle up with your favorite book or movie! Here are some great face masks to try out!

My name is Katharine Kaufman and I am from the beautiful Boulder, Colorado! I am a 2022 Demon Deacon and I plan on majoring and pursuing a career in Finance. I love cooking, reading, running, practicing yoga and am interested in nutrition and its ability to promote the healthiest, happiest you.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.