This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

We have all had this conversation at least 23 times over the course of the last few months. We might roll our eyes and then give a slight smile and nod. But, at the end of the day, this is a conversation that is beyond needed. 

Especially among college students. 

College students are the ones that need to go to the polls and vote. It’s our future! So here’s five reasons why we need to wake up and walk to the polls (or at least our mailboxes) from the perspective of a Biden supporter.

1. The Supreme Court.

Donald Trump is not the only one up for re-election. With the passing of the legendary RBG, there is another vacant seat on the Supreme Court, and with the other judges rising, there may be another soon too. Donald Trump has already shown his taste in judges and it’s not good. It is imperative that he is not reelected and given the chance to appoint more judges. 

2. The Environment.

Climate change is real. The science and evidence point to the obvious. Yet, the administrative power has continued to strip away environmental protections and Trump has openly stated he doesn’t believe in climate change. We have to vote for the environment. If we have another four years of leadership who doesn’t believe in science, our Earth may be damaged beyond repair.

3. Coronavirus Response.

Time and time again Donald Trump and his administration have neglected to take action in fighting the pandemic. The lack of federal action has allowed Covid-19 to have astronomical effects on our society. Trump even declared that he did not wear a mask in front of cameras because he didn’t like how it looked on him. Having him be the leader of our country and the role model for our citizens is dangerous. Vote so that he can’t continue with his horrifying response to a deadly disease.

4. Black Lives Matter.

Donald Trump and his administration have reacted in the worst way possible in the wake of the unjust deaths of POC. The utter lack of respect he pays victims and the BLM movement is disgusting. We need to vote so we can have a president and administration that is focused on making our society equal and respects the constant struggles of POC and other minorities in our country. 

5. Exercising your Right to Vote.

Having the ability to vote is a privilege not afforded to everyone in the world. It is our choice and our chance to have a say in how our government is run. We need to take advantage of this privilege and vote to keep our country safe and equal for everyone. Being able to partake in the political system through voting is a privilege. 

At the end of the day, VOTE!!!!

Anna Wexler

Wake Forest '24

Anna is a senior at Wake Forest and has been involved in Her Campus since she was a freshman. She is excited to be taking on the role as Co EIC/President of HC this year and is looking forward to working with Wake's awesome HC ladies!
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.