This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

1.  King Princess

King Princess is a twenty-year-old badass who is slowly taking the world by storm. With songs about love, growing up, heartbreak, and being your true self – King Princess has a song for every experience you’re going through. Her new album “Cheap Queen” will be released on October 25 and will be her first full album. If you’re looking for some good upbeat jams to get you into a good mood before class, this is your gal. She’s edgy, relatable, quirky, and simply entertaining. Do yourself a favor a listen to Cheap Queen. You won’t regret it.      

Favorite songs: Cheap Queen, Talia, Holy

2.  Hobo Johnson

Hobo Johson is perfect for anyone who loves a unique artist. Although his music is not for everyone, I see a lot of beauty in his work. He is a lyrical rapper who will never fail to make you smile. His songs range from relating a crush to a peach scone to talking about a car he really wants. He’s relatable, sweet, and extremely talented at writing. He very recently released his second album titled “Typical Story” and is starting his journey of going on tour. Be careful, because this artist might just steal your heart.

Favorite songs: Peach Scone, Subaru Crosstrek XV, Romeo & Juliet

3.  Ashe

Ashe is an up and coming artist from California. She recently released an EP titled “Moral of the Story” and is a great artist for anyone who likes Amy Winehouse or Duffy. She has a wide range of music ranging from ballads to upbeat pop showstoppers. Ashe has become one of my favorite artists because of her incredible music, and I definitely recommend her music. 

Favorite songs: Cold in California, We Get High, Choirs

4.  Billy Raffoul

Billy Raffoul is an artist I came across one day on Spotify. He has an enticing, raspy voice that makes a great acoustic atmosphere. I often listen to his music when I’m doing homework or just need a chill vibe in the room. 10/10 would recommend.    

Favorite songs: Acoustic, Until the Hurting is Gone, I’m Not a Saint

5.  Lorde

I know that Lorde is a pretty well-known artist, but I like mentioning her less popular music to anyone I can. Even though “Royals” is a  great song, some of her newer releases are incredible. So moral of the story: if you haven’t listened to “Melodrama” go do that. Now. And buckle up because she is releasing a new album very soon.  

Favorite songs: The Love Club, Hard Feelings/Loveless, Ribs

Sloane Larsen

Wake Forest '23

My name is Sloane Larsen and I'm a freshman here at Wake Forest! I am super excited to be a writer for HerCampus and I plan on majoring in English with a double minor in stats and French. I'm from Providence, Rhode Island and I love fashion and traveling. I can't wait to learn more from my experience with this program!
Claire Fletcher

Wake Forest '20

Mathematical Business Major at Wake Forest University