This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Looking for some unique inspiration to spice up your wardrobe, collegiettes? Fashion is an art, and sometimes the best way to get imaginative is by appreciating the creative past. Whether you are an art history fanatic or a fashion forward enthusiast, take a look at these affordable ensembles…modeled after famous works of art through the ages!

Girl with the Pearl Earring (Vermeer)

Vermeer’s painting embodies a simplistic style with a clean color palette that is perfect for today’s modern collegiette. The dark blue and yellow color design appears in the blazer and pointed flats, and the look is finished with a simple but cute white button down blouse and pearl-embellished headband. Top the look with those signature pearl earrings and head out for that job interview or class presentation!

Starry Night (Van Gogh)     

By far the most famous masterpiece on our list, Van Gogh’s starry nightscape is made up of deep blues and yellow in a swirling design, which is exactly what this outfit consists of. The navy dress and golden scarf and sandals echo the painting, while swirl details in the crochet of the dress and the filigree of the bracelet mimic the texture of Van Gogh’s art piece. The look is cute enough for stroll around campus or even for a night out with a little artsy flair.

The Kiss (Klimt)

This iconic painting is characterized by geometric shapes and the gold and black color scheme —perfect for showing some WFU Deacon spirit! The golden top and the faux leather pants update the look with a sleek modern spin, and the rectangle pendant necklace and matching chunky bracelet take the geometry of the painting to a new and edgy level.

Marilyn Monroe (Warhol)

For a bolder and more colorful look, echo Warhol’s famous pop culture print by combining neon separates into a stunning, bright statement. The blue top, pink pants and necklace, and touch of neon yellow in a pair of Lucite flats reflect the contrasting cheeky colors of Marilyn Monroe’s portrait to make the outfit “pop”!

Megan Schmit

Wake Forest

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.