Fashion in the Forest: Sweater Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

The morning air is brisk and the Starbucks workers solemnly utter, “We just ran out,” right before you try to order a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

There are few things that can turn around a day that starts off on such a disappointing note. “How will I go on without my grande, nonfat no-whip PSL?” you ask yourself.  And then it hits you. This abrupt shortage of your favorite fall drink can only mean one thing: sweater weather has arrived.

With fifteen minutes until your first class and a newfound excitement, you run back to your dorm and tear open the box of sweaters you’ve kept stowed away since move-in day. There is something about the perfect sweater that emulates the warm fuzzy feeling you were seeking from your latte.

Let’s sort through your options…

Cashmere. While it may be an investment, every collegiette needs a little bit of cashmere in her wardrobe. J.Crew offers an array of colors and styles that will keep you ultra-comfortable in that brutal 9 a.m. you’re headed to.  If you’re looking for luxury on a budget, check out TJ Maxx and Marshall’s, which tend to carry a large variety of cashmere once the weather starts getting cooler.

Cardigans. These are ideal for layering on days with unpredictable temperatures. Cardigans like this one from ModCloth can bring together an outfit and add an unexpected punch of pattern. Cardigans pair perfectly with leggings, dark wash jeans or a simple dress.

Graphic. Graphic sweaters are a unique way to express your personal style and make a fashionable statement. Some graphic sweaters sport cute sayings, others designs or motifs. Make every Wednesday an official ‘Hump Day’ with this camel crewneck available on J.Crew Factory.

Cable Knit. You can never go wrong with a classic cable knit sweater. Truly timeless, sweaters like this Polo Ralph Lauren option will have you looking preppy, polished and ready to seize the day.

Keep this guide to sweaters in mind and you’ll be ready to embrace the wonderful sweater weather, with or without your Pumpkin Spice Latte.      

Lauren Gilvar

Wake Forest

.
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.