Fashion in the Forest: Stack ’Em Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Every collegiette has her favorite bracelets that she can’t go a day without wearing.  But what’s a girl to do when all of her favorites don’t match?  Answer: stack them!  Stacking bracelets is the perfect way to incorporate different pieces of jewelry into your every day outfits while still mixing it up.  Here’s how to build your perfect stack.

1. Mix Metals

Mixing metals is often thought of as a taboo in fashion. But, when it is done right, gold, silver, and rose can look great together!  Start with a two-toned bangle and then build from there.  When one piece already contains multiple metals, you can wear as many of any color as you want!

2. Add a Watch

To me, the benefits of a cute watch are very apparent. Not only can you peek at your watch in class (the one place we can’t check our trusty iPhones), but they are also a stylish way to add a little extra flair to your outfit!  Incorporate your watch into your stack with a chunky, metal watch or a thin, leather strap watch with a small face. Adding bracelets around it will  make it stand out as more than just a functional article. It will also be focal point of your accessories for the day!

3. Put a Monogram on it!

Here at Wake, we know there is no shortage of monogrammed accessories. Cut out monograms, monogrammed cuffs, and monogrammed charms are perfect for every stack. Whether you’re pairing it with a thick layer of bangles or a pearl bracelet, monograms always add the perfect accent.

Take a look at one of my favorite bloggers, Carly Heitlinger’s stack.  Her simple watch and cut out monogram will accent any outfit!

4. Wear Different Materials

Leather, acrylic, metal, gemstones.  Try them all!  Wearing a lot of different kinds of bracelets at once can be intimidating, but it usually ends up looking trendy and unique! Try to stick to a color or pattern bangle in to make sure you don’t overwhelm your outfit with too many different aesthetics. 

Take a page out of Blaire Eadie’s book; there is no such thing as too many bracelets!

5. Wear a Signature Bracelet

We all have one bracelet that we swear to never take off.  For me, it’s a simple silver box chain bracelet that I got when I was thirteen. I try to work my other bracelets around it, so it can always be a part of my outfit. Keeping one signature bracelet on all the time gives you a starting theme for you stack. Also, you will always have at least one accessory if you’re rushing to get to your 8 AM on time!

No matter how y’all decide to mix and match bracelets, make sure you’re comfortable and confident in your style. Start out slow, maybe mixing only a few bangles in with your signature bracelet, and branch out more each day you decide to stack!

I’ll leave my readers with this image of one of my favorites stacks! This exemplifies the effortless and beautiful look of successfully stacking bracelets. A girl can dream, right?

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.