Fashion in the Forest: Riding Boots for Every Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With the months for Jack Rogers and cute sandals quickly fading into the distance, shoe-lovers can rejoice in the new season of riding boots that is upon us. You can pair them with a cute sundress and a sweater, or a comfy shirt with leggings. However you choose to wear them, a good pair of riding boots is a necessity for every collegiette to have in her fall wardrobe. No matter the contents of your wallet, it is easy to find this wardrobe staple at a variety of price points!

Less than $100

Being on a tight budget doesn’t always mean sacrificing style. If you’re a fan of designer brands, head to 6pm.com, a site that specializes in selling brand name shoes at very discounted prices. While 6pm is great, it is sometimes tough to find specific sizes or colors you’re looking for; it is usually a stroke of luck if you happen to come across the perfect pair.  If you’re less worried about the designer (but still want a pair of decent quality boots), check out the Merona Kasia Genuine Leather Riding Boot sold by none other than Target! The look is inspired by higher end brands like Frye but because the boots are genuine leather (and not synthetic pleather like most inexpensive boots), they’ll look nicer and last longer.

$100 – $200

A budget can get you a lot for your money in the world of boots. However, you may need to be flexible regarding particular styles or designers, but $100-200 will definitely score you an adorable pair of high-quality boots once you do some digging. First, check stores such as DSW where you have plentiful options. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, take your search online. The beautiful Ralph Lauren Leather Marla Riding Boot could be just what you are looking for. If these boots are anything like most Ralph Lauren products, they won’t let you down.

$200-$300

You have a lot to work with in this budget and can easily find a pair of great quality boots that will last you for years. Depending on your personal style, you may be drawn towards something ultra-trendy, but keep in mind that trends fade and you may change the way you feel about those spunky boots next season, so you may find yourself shelling out a couple hundred dollars on another pair sooner than you think. To ensure that your boots will stay fashionable as long as possible, your best bet is to go for something simple. Clarks Mint Treat GTX boots are both simple and elegant. While the gold buckle and sleek silhouette will add some flair to any outfit, what you’re really getting for your money is comfort. Clarks is known for their ultra-comfortable designs and their foot-bed technology will have you wearing them whenever you get the chance.

$400+

You’ve been recycling the same pair of boots practically since middle school and they’re worn out and unfashionable. But you’ve been saving up and you’re ready to splurge on the perfect pair. If you’re willing to spend a lot of money on a pair of boots, be sure that they’re timeless and won’t be going out of style anytime soon. These Tory Burch Teresa Riding Boots may be for you. Available in black and coconut, these leather boots are sure to last and will keep you looking classic and put-together. Not a fan of Tory Burch? Any boot made by Frye is sure to last you a lifetime.

Lauren Gilvar

Wake Forest

.
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.