Fashion in the Forest: How to Dress for Rainy Day Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

As we all learned this past weekend, every game can’t be on a perfect sunny tailgate day. What are we supposed to do when our coveted Lilly dresses and Jack Rogers sandals risk being soaked in the rain? Here are some tips on how to still dress up for those rainy games but also how to, more importantly, stay dry from the rain.

1. Boots

Who says rain boots have to be ugly?  As soon as the first drop of rain falls, you can expect every collegiette to whip out either her Hunter boots or L.L. Bean duck boots.  Hunter boots come in a plethora of fun colors (including black and gold!) that look adorable with dresses at a rainy game.  Pick a bright color and a matching raincoat, and your rain gear is sure to light up the dreary day!

2. Raincoats

Like rain boots, raincoats are made in practically every color.  Whether you wear a hot pink or black jacket, raincoats are the best way to stay dry during a game.  If you don’t want to wear an unshapely windbreaker, try wearing a trench coat or a fitted rain jacket.

3. Umbrellas

Another fun pop of color on a wet day is a patterned umbrella.  You can keep your hair dry without having to cover it up by a hood and don’t have to worry about messing up your hair. Pick a fun pattern to turn a necessary object into a cute accessory!

4. Dark Dresses

Even with a raincoat on, you can’t totally avoid getting wet.  Once you get to your seat, you run the risk of sitting on a soaking wet bleacher, so wear a dark dress to stay away from an awkward see-through dress!  Wear black to support our Deacs and look dry at the same time.

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.