Fashion in the Forest: Chic for Cheap II

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

A new month and a new season: Fall is here, which means the BEST season for fashion has arrived (plus a whole new catalogue of trends following NY Fashion Week!!). 

So check out the second edition of Chic for Cheap to find some affordable looks!

Olivia Palermo, fashion blogger & socialite 

Breaking Down the Look:

The mustard-yellow pops against the red blouse; Olivia has been known to value a pop of color, and this outfit is no exception. Relaxed, light-wash, rolled up jeans balance out the formal top to make this an accessible look for the collegiette.

Olivia’s shoes are also an excellent hue for Fall. She hasn’t gone black and wintery yet, but still reflects the switch from lighter summer colors. We’ll skip the bag as an accessory because, to be honest, no collegiette is going to carry a small handbag around campus. You have classes, so prioritize with a backpack or tote.

Get the Look!

The Blouse

Flounced Self-Tie Neckline Blouse $24.90 from Forever 21

V Neck Back Lace See-Through Shirt for $19.99 from Zaful

LACE YOKE MOCK NECK GAUZY TOP for $15.00 from Charlotte Russe

CAGED BELL SLEEVE PRINTED CHIFFON TOP for $15.00 from Charlotte Russe

The Jacket

Stylish Turn-Down Neck Long Sleeve Double-Breasted Pocket Design Women’s Coat for $29.34 from Rosegal

The Jeans

Mom Jeans for $29.99 from H&M

The Booties

LACE-UP CHUKKA WEDGE BOOTIES for $32.99 from Charlotte Russe

All Day All Day Faux Suede Booties for $28.60 from GoJane

Well-Laced Chunky Lug Booties for $32.10 from GoJane

That’s A Wrap Studded Booties for $41.70 from GoJane

Women’s Mad Love® Lexie Booties for $34.99 from Target

Have fun mixing and matching those colors! Pair with tasteful judgment and you’ll avoid looking like McDonalds. But then again, maybe that would make for good conversation…

Happy shopping and remember, collegiettes, it’s not what you wear but how you wear it!

Isabelle Vail

Wake Forest

https://www.hercampus.com/school/wake-forest